Getting to Friday Harbor is part of the fun! Whether you travel by ferry or plane, you will enjoy incredible scenery of the San Juan Islands. Once here, the Discovery Inn is minutes by car from the ferry landing or airport in Friday Harbor.
The Discovery Inn
From the ferry landing in Friday Harbor, simply follow the ferry traffic onto Spring Street, which is the main street in town. Take a right on 2nd Street, and follow that road through two (2) stop signs (2nd Street turns into Guard Street). We are just past the library on the right hand side of the road.
When traveling by ferry you can bring your car, bike or walk on. Pay parking is available near the ferry landing. Please know, you can rent a car, jeep, moped or bike on the Island.
Washington State Ferries has a new reservation system for the Anacortes-San Juans route beginning January 5, 2015. The reservation system is designed for cars only. Walk-on passengers and bikes don't require reservations. Reservations can be made over the phone or online using a credit/debit card. There is no additional reservation fee. For more information please visit their website at www.wsdot.wa.gov/Ferries/TakeaFerry or 1-888-808-7977.
- Washington State Ferry from Anacortes, WA. There are multiple departures every day. Refer to ferry system recommendations for how early to arrive.
- Washington State Ferry from Sydney B.C. You will need a reservation and refer to ferry system recommendations for how early to arrive.
Driving Directions To Ferry From I-5
From I-5, take Exit 230 at Burlington and follow State Route 20 west to Anacortes. Then, follow signs to ferry terminal. It takes about 90-minutes (with no traffic) to drive from Seattle or Vancouver, B.C. to Anacortes.
By Foot Ferry
- The Victoria Clipper operates a passenger ferry from Seattle once daily on a seasonal basis.
- Puget Sound Express operates a passenger ferry from Port Townsend on a seasonal basis.
- Victoria San Juan Cruises operates passenger ferries on a seasonal basis from Bellingham.
Flying shortens your travel time and allows you to get a bird's eye view of the gorgeous San Juan Islands. The trip takes about 40 minutes by floatplane from Seattle, 25 minutes from Bellingham or 15 minutes from the Anacortes Airport.
- Kenmore Air offers several daily scheduled, non-stop flights from over 45 locations in the Pacific Northwest, including Seattle, Victoria, B.C. and Port Angeles.
- San Juan Airlines offers several daily scheduled, charter and scenic flights from Anacortes, Bellingham, Port Angeles, Victoria, B.C. and more.
- Westwind Aviation offers charter services.
- Island Air offers charter services.
- Airporter Shuttle runs coach service from Sea-Tac Airport and other Seattle and Puget Sound locations to the Friday Harbor ferry terminal six days a week.
- Port of Friday Harbor has space available for over 150 visiting boats ranging in size from dinghies to 150 foot yachts.